Prices have skyrocketed in the economic downturn but fortunately, you may still find ways that you can save money. Using coupons offered in newspaper or from the website is a great way to spend less money on the things you need. Nowadays, these discounts are available every single day plus they can be obtained very easily. It's a wise decision to clip coupons and then use them to save money on groceries. Below I will share some methods regarding how to make use of your coupons correctly:
1. First, gather coupons from various sources such as home mailers, the Sunday newspaper or from websites. Stores commonly offer coupons in different forms. Some stores offer coupons printed on the back from the receipts while the others place them on the items themselves.
2. Group your coupons into categories. You can group them into various categories if you have a large number. Should you have only a limited number, group them into two categories, namely foods and nonfood items. In addition, separate coupons from stores and those from manufacturers. Then, put them into envelopes.
3. When you write your grocery list, sort through your coupons. Prioritize the ones that are almost ready to expire by planning meals that include those items.
4. Know your store circulars to be able to use the right coupons each time you shop. Ensure that you be aware of sales during the day to match the coupons in the envelopes.
5. Each store has different policy about coupon usage. Read their policy prior to making an order. Some stores allow people to use a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon on a single product, however, many stores don't allow you to do that. Read their policy carefully to be able to really have the discount that you expect. In addition, you also need to read the coupon rules. Typically, they inform you about the items that you can purchase to obtain a discount, the number of items as well as the brand. For example, you may need to purchase two boxes of cereal to obtain $1 discount.
6. Research different brands prior to making a purchase. It's a wise decision to check various brands including generic ones. Sometimes, the generic or store-branded item enables you to spend less money even if you buy it without using a coupon. However, the brand-name products are probably still more expensive than the generic ones even when you make use of a coupon.